On this page you will find information about all my short stories, which are now also available for the first time in two convenient collections, both e-books. The first, For the Love of Old Bones, came out as an ebook on Kindle in summer 2012, and I was delighted and surprised by the sales. In fact I was so delighted, I immediately began work on a second collection, this time of all my other stories. No One Can Hear You Scream came out in the autumn, and was again well received by those who use modern technology for their reading.
If you enjoy my short stories, you might also like the longer stories I contributed to the collaborative novels by the Medieval Murderers.
For the Love of Old Bones
- The Coroner's Tale
- originally published in Chronicles of Crime, editor Maxim Jakubowski.
- For the Love of Old Bones
- first published in Murder Most Medieval, editors Martin H Greenberg and John Helfers.
- The Amorous Armourer
- published in The Mammoth Book of Jacobean Whodunnits, editor Mike Ashley.
- A Clerical Error
- first published in Murder Most Catholic, editor Ralph McInerny.
Four of my short stories about Sir Baldwin de Furnshill and Bailiff Simon Puttock are now offered for the first time in one fabulous book, available for immediate download from Amazon UK and from Amazon.com.
No One Can Hear You Scream
- No One Can Hear You Scream
- previously published in The Best British Mysteries 2005, edited by Maxim Jakubowski
- first published in Green for Danger, the Crime Writers Association Anthology, edited by Martin Edwards.
- The Tower's Man
- published in The Mammoth Book of Jacobean Whodunnits, edited by Mike Ashley.
- A Case of Identity
- first published in ID: Crimes of Identity, the Crime Writers Association Anthology, edited by Martin Edwards.
- The Hostage to Fortune
- first published in The Mammoth Book of Roman Whodunnits, edited by Mike Ashley.
- The Church House
- previously circulated exclusively to purchasers of the Michael Jecks Conway Stewart pen.
For the first time, all five of my short stories which are not based on my 'Templar' series, available in one book. They range over time from the Roman period, through Jacobean, to the present day, with crime, thriller and horror stories designed to enthral. Download No One Can Hear You Scream from Amazon UK or Amazon.com.