A Jack Blackjack Tudor Mystery
Introducing Elizabethan cutpurse and adventurer Jack Blackjack in the first of a brand-new historical mystery series
January, 1554. Light-fingered Jack Blackjack knows he's not going to have a good day when he wakes with a sore head next to a dead body in a tavern's yard.
That would be bad enough - but when he discovers what's in the dead man's purse, the one he'd stolen, his day is set to get much worse.
The purse explains why the mysterious man with the broad-brimmed hat wants to catch him. But so does the Lord Chancellor, as does the enigmatic Henry. In fact, almost everyone seems to be after Jack Blackjack.
If it weren't for the rebel army marching on London determined to remove Queen Mary from her throne and instal Lady Jane Grey in her place, Jack could leave the city - but with the bridge blocked and every gate manned, there's no escape. Instead he must try to work out who killed the man in the yard, and why.
But it won't be easy as the rebel army comes ever closer and the death toll mounts...
"A master of caustic tone and well-observed detail, Jecks keeps the suspense at a steady boil as his well-rounded characters fight for a corner in tumultuous London with humor and even humanity."
Michael Jecks' Jack Blackjack Tudor murder mystery series - all the books.
Rebellion's Message was first published by Creme de la Crime (Severn House) on 30th April 2016. The Black Thorn paperback edition followed on December 5th 2019:
- Order the Black Thorn edition from the publisher, from Amazon or from your favourite bookshop (ISBN: 978-1-7868-9497-7)
- Also available in a Kindle edition;
- Order the original hardback edition (ISBN: 978-1-7802-9085-0),
- Also available in a Large Print edition (ISBN: 978-0-7278-9537-0).
- Order the Soundings audiobook, read by Peter Noble, direct from the publisher or download it from Audible.